||PRE + POST CONF||
Once again the SCBWI Europolitan Conference offers illustrators excellent opportunities to showcase their work to publishing professionals and peers alike! All illustrators are invited to bring your portfolio to the Portfolio Showcase. All portfolios must be printed. (For liability reasons, we can not allow digitally displayed portfolios. Thank you for your understanding.)
The Portfolio Showcase is a chance for all illustrators attending the conference – SCBWI members and non-members – to exhibit their portfolios. SCBWI members will be eligible for the Portfolio Showcase Award, juried by conference faculty. The award entitles you to one free video meeting with an Art Director.
GUIDELINES PORTFOLIO SHOWCASE
– Do NOT include original artwork in your portfolio, just the best quality prints you can afford.
– Label all your artwork and your portfolio case, and mention if you are a current SCBWI member.
– Promotional postcards OR business cards (not both) are allowed but limited to a quatity of 30. These must fit inside the portfolio.
– No boxes or fancy three-dimensional set-ups that extend beyond the portfolio's dimensions are permitted.
– Bring your portfolio to the registration desk upon your arrival on Saturday morning and collect at the end of the day.
PORTFOLIO SHOWCASE COMPETITION for SCBWI MEMBERS
Only current SCBWI members who are attending the Europolitan Conference are eligible for the Portfolio Showcase Competition. All portfolios must be printed. No digital entries allowed.
Two winners will be selected – one by each of our Art Directors on faculty. Winners will each receive a 20 minute post-conference video consultation with the Art Director who selected their portfolio.
INDIVIDUAL PORTFOLIO CONSULTATIONS
If you would like feedback on your work, a One-on-One Portfolio Consultation is a useful investment. Each full-time conference attendee may sign up for one (1) individual 15-minute consultation for an additional fee of €45 (SCBWI members) or €60 (non-members). Select the Portfolio Consultation add-on when registering. Your assigned time will be in the registration packet that you receive on Saturday, May 13. Written notes are included (SCBWI Gold Form).
PORTFOLIO CONSULTATION GUIDELINES
Please be sure to read the following very carefully before submitting your portfolio. If you are unsure about anything for the portfolio consultation, please mail us with any questions.
1. You must register for the conference before you submit your portfolio.
2. All portfolio images must be sent by email to our email address.
3. Your portfolio must ARRIVE in the email inbox ON or BEFORE Friday, March 31, 2017. Portfolios received after March 31 cannot be accepted.
4. The portfolio submitted for critique should contain no more than 10 representational pieces of your best artwork.
5. Please keep the FILE SIZE manageable.
7. You may bring either a printed or digital version of your portfolio with you to the consultation.
8. For SCBWI members: you may also find the information on page 17 of THE BOOK useful. Download for free at the SCBWI website here.